Join our community to make journalism and society sustainable.
Become a member! Get our monthly newsletter with first-hand information and resources on sustainable journalism as well as access to a community of like minded people. During the first year, membership is free of charge.
We are media researchers, practitioners, educators and media leaders that develop knowledge and practice on how journalism can be made more sustainable and at the same time contribute to a sustainable society: in research, education, business and journalistic practice.
Let us assist you in finding new partners for sustainable collaboration. In Bangladesh, MRDI and Fojo are about to set up a Sustainable Journalism Centre. The Environmental Investigate Forum and the Linnaeus University are setting up a collaboration on teaching sustainable journalism. In sub-Saharan Africa, Wits and Fojo will make a pilot study on sustainable journalism. And there is more to follow.
The very first community members met last week in Kalmar and Stockholm, constituted a new NGO and exchanged ideas on how to move forward. Now we need you to grow strong.
Do you want to join us? Click here!
Here are some of the things we aim to do:
- Define sustainable journalism as a new research area, opening up for new research projects
- Find out what kind of journalism that effectively communicates sustainability challenges
- Find out what kind of sustainable journalism the public is willing to pay for
- Communicate successful sustainable business models for media in middle- and low-income countries
- Communicate environmentally sustainable production and distribution models
- Develop knowledge on how to set up a socially sustainable newsroom
- Develop trainings in sustainable journalism reporting
- Develop a syllabus on sustainable journalism for schools of journalism.